Pecco Bagnaia (Ducati) closed the first day of the MotoGP test at the Autódromo Internacional del Algarve fastest with a time of 1:38.771. The Top 3 was completed by Luca Marini (Ducati), more than two tenths behind. Maverick Viñales (Aprilia) was third, closely following him, +0.020 behind.
As had already happened during the tests in Sepang in February, the times between the different factories were close; 13 riders lapping less than a second apart. Álex Márquez (Ducati), Raúl Fernández (Aprilia), Miguel Oliveira (Aprilia), Marco Bezzecchi (Ducati), Fabio Quartararo (Yamaha), Fabio Di Giannantonio (Ducati) and Jorge Martín (Ducati) rounded off the Top 10.
The Repsol Honda Team continue their work at the Portimao test
Marc Márquez and Joan Mir completed a total of 152 laps at the Autódromo Internacional do Algarve. Mir, with 74 laps, set the 14th best time, one second off the top spot. Márquez, who crashed but escaped unhurt, finished 19th, 1.399 slower than Bagnaia.
1. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati) – 1:38.771
2. Luca Marini (Ducati) +0.234
3. Maverick Viñales (Aprilia) +0.254
4. Álex Márquez (Ducati) +0.565
5. Raúl Fernández (Aprilia) +0.689
6. Miguel Oliveira (Aprilia) +0.695
7. Marco Bezzecchi (Ducati) +0.837
8. Fabio Quartararo (Yamaha) +0.843
9. Fabio Di Giannantonio (Ducati) +0.870
10. Jorge Martín (Ducati) +0.872
14. Joan Mir (Repsol Honda) +1.005
19. Marc Márquez (Repsol Honda) +1.399