Our websites use technology known as “cookies” to determine how you use websites while browsing on them.
In this Policy, we would like to providing you with clear and specific information regarding the cookies used on our websites. If you would like more information regarding this issue, you can send your query to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
1. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small data file sent by the websites that you visit to the browser you are using, which converts them to a text file, allowing the site to record information about your visit, language preferences, and other options that aid access and browsing on the website, making your next visit to the site more useful.
2. Why are cookies important?
Cookies allow us to improve the user-friendliness of our websites and provide you with better services and faster, safer, and more streamlined browsing. For example, cookies help us to do the following:
- Enable certain functions.
- Provide a more personalised browsing experience.
- Protect the security of your account.
- Research, improve, and understand the use made of our products and services.
Our cookies are also used for statistics and advertising.
3. What type of Cookies does Repsol use?
- Statistical analysis cookies: These cookies are used to quantify the number of visitors and statistically analyse your use of our Online Services. With this, we can study users’ browsing on our website and in turn improve the range of products and services we offer. These cookies are provided by Google Analytics. For more information, visit the website of Google Analytics.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to effectively manage the advertising on our websites, adapting the advertising content to the service requested as well as your use of the website. With them, we can determine your browsing habits and show you advertising related to your browsing profile..
- Technical and preference cookies: These are cookies that allow us to control certain aspects related to a user’s session, in such a way that we can improve the browsing experience on the site in the following ways:
- They enable us to recognise the user’s language.
- They block or hinder attacks against the site or its users.
- They help us to provide functioning multimedia content.
- They improve performance and allow the site’s traffic to be distributed between several servers.
4. How can I configure or delete my cookies?
Check your browser’s current settings so you can allow, block, or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of your internet browser. In this case, you must bear in mind that, although you do not need to have cookies activated to use or browse on our website, if you deactivate the cookies, you will not be able access all the features offered. The help button in your browser will provide additional information on how to configure your browser.
Below we have provided an explanation of how to do this, but remember that it may vary depending on the browser you use:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Safari for IOS (iPhone and iPad)
- Chrome para Android
If you refuse the installation of cookies, you may continue to use the website but the use of some of its services may be limited and the user-friendliness of the browsing may be decreased.
5. Who uses Repsol cookies?
After having informed you of the type of cookies we use, remember that, among them, we use third-party statistical and advertising cookies. Below is a list of companies (Third Parties) that use the cookies:
- Amazon, some of our Online Services are stored on Amazon.com servers. These cookies store information on user behaviour gathered from continued observation of their browsing habits, which is used to develop a specific, anonymous profile to show advertising based on the profile. They expire when the session ends..
- Gigya Inc., log cookies that are created when you register, log in, or access certain sections of the Online Services. You can continue to be authenticated despite closing the browser so that, unless you disconnect or log out, you will continue to be connected when you return.
- Google Analytics, These cookies allow us to quantify the number of visitors and perform a statistical analysis of the use of our Online Services by Users.
- Affiperf, these store information on user behaviour obtained from continued observation of users’ browsing habits, which is used to create a specific, anonymous profile to show advertising based on the profile.
6. How you do you provide us with your Consent?
All the changes you make in your browser’s settings regarding cookies on the website will be stored until you decide to make new changes.