Thank you for visiting our website. We hope you enjoy your visit and getting to know our products and services in greater detail.
This legal notice (hereinafter, the “Legal Notice”) regulates the use of our web portal (hereinafter, the “”). We recommend that you carefully read these terms and conditions before beginning to use the Portal.
Below is the general information on our website:
- Owner: Repsol S.A.
- Address: C/Méndez Álvaro 44, 28045, Madrid
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-10-15-20
- Registry Data: Trade Register of Madrid, Sheet no. M-65289, Folio 175, Volume 3893, Book 0, Section 8.
- CIF (Tax ID): A-78/374725
You should be aware that by accessing and/or using the Portal, you become a user and therefore accept, from that moment on and without exceptions, the content included in this Legal Notice (“General Terms and Conditions”), as well as the Specific Terms and Conditions which, with regard to certain services and content on the Portal (“Services”), complement, modify, or replace the former.
Therefore, we recommend that you carefully read the General Terms and Conditions and, if applicable, the Specific Terms and Conditions before using any of the Services.
2.-Use of the Portal, its Services and content.
The use of the Repsol Portal is free for you, notwithstanding the fact that certain services require us to process your information to enable you to access them; we will inform you of said processing in each case. As a user, you undertake to:
- In the event that certain services available on our Portal require you to fill out an access form, to provide true information and to keep it up to date at all times. You must not forget that you will be solely responsible for any false or inexact statements that you make and for any damages to Repsol or third parties that may be caused as a result of the information provided.
- To use the Portal and the Services without contravening the provisions established herein and any other Particular Terms and Conditions that regulate the service, as well as current legislation, good faith, generally accepted uses, and public order.
- To not use the Portal or its Services for unlawful purposes or purposes which may cause damages to Repsol or any third party, or which, in any way, may cause damages or impede the normal operation thereof.
We hereby inform you that a series of actions are prohibited in relation with the Portal’s content and/or Services, such as news articles, texts, graphics, sound and/or image files, photographs, designs, and any other (“Content”). Said actions include:
- Their reproduction, copy, distribution, dissemination, public communication, transformation and modification, unless legally permissible or authorised by its legitimate owners.
- Any violation of Repsol’s rights or the rights of its legitimate owners over said content
- Its use for any type of commercial or advertising purposes, other than those strictly permitted.
- Any attempt to obtain the Content through any means other than those which we make available to your or the common uses of the Internet, and in this case, provided that no damage is caused to Repsol.
3.- Unilateral modification.
We hereby inform you that in order to improve your user experience, we may modify the structure and design of the Portal, services and content without prior notice.
Furthermore, Repsol may modify these General Terms and Conditions, or a Service’s Specific Terms and Conditions at any time; you will be notified of such modifications through the corresponding notice. Therefore, remember to periodically consult these notices.
In any event, the modifications will not be applied retroactively.
4.- Use of links.
4.1. Links used by Repsol on the Portal.
On the Portal, you can find links from which you can access other websites managed and controlled by third parties. The sole purpose of said links are to facilitate your search for information, content, and services online, without constituting, in any case, a suggestion, recommendation, or invitation from us to visit said websites. Your use of or access to said links is solely and exclusively your decision.
Please remember that Repsol does not market, direct, or control, nor does it take ownership for the content, services, information, and statements available on said websites. Therefore, Repsol does not assume any type of liability, whether direct, indirect, or subsidiary, for any damages that may arise from the actions of third parties such as the access, maintenance, use, quality, lawfulness, reliability, and usefulness of the content, information, communications, opinions, statements, products and/or services existing or offered on the websites, as said sites are not managed by Repsol, even though Repsol facilitates their access via the Portal to keep you informed.
4.2. Links to the Portal from third parties.
If you would like to create a link or do create a link from a website on another Internet portal to any of the Portal’s websites, you must meet the following requirements:
- Ensure that any link you create to the Portal is solely to its main page or the main pages of its sections.
- Do not reproduce, whether totally or partially, any of the Services or Content.
- Do not establish deep links, IMG or image links, or frames with the Portal pages without prior express authorisation from Repsol.
- Do not include false, inexact, or incorrect statements about the Portal (including its content or Services) or Repsol employees.
- Do not include any of Repsol’s brands, names, logos, slogans, or any other distinctive sign—except for those which are part of the link itself—without prior express authorisation from Repsol.
- The website which includes the link must not contain information or content that violates the rights of third parties, or that is unlawful, contrary to morals, decent behaviour, or public order.
In any event, we hereby inform you that the establishment of a link does not imply (i) the existence of a relationship between Repsol and the owner of the website that creates the link, (ii) Repsol’s knowledge, acceptance or endorsement of the services and content that may be offered, or (iii) Repsol’s support or endorsement of the information or statements that a third party may make.
5.- Repsol’s Privacy and Cookies Policy.
6.- User’s liability for damages.
Your use of the Portal is carried out under your exclusive liability as a user. Repsol is hereby expressly indemnified and held harmless from any damages that may be caused to the user or third parties due to use contrary to the provisions established herein and any other applicable terms and conditions. This liability shall extend to the use made by you or any third party of the login credentials or similar credentials that were assigned in order to access the Portal or its Services.
You should be aware that if you breach these General Terms and Conditions or applicable Specific Terms and Conditions, we could deny you access to our services and content without prior notification.
7.- Disclaimer of guarantees and liability.
Repsol provides you access to the Portal, its Content and/or Services with a reasonable level of competence and diligence, and it is out hope that you may enjoy the use of the Portal and, if you would like, tell us about it. However, we cannot offer you guarantees or be liable, under any circumstances, for damages of any nature that may result from:
- The lack of availability, maintenance, or effective operation of the Portal and/or its Services or Content.
- The lack of usefulness, suitability, or validity for satisfying the needs, activities, specific results, or expectations that you may have.
- The existence of viruses or malicious or harmful programs in the Content and/or Services provided through the Portal that may alter your computer (software and hardware) or the electronic documents or files that you may be storing.
- Your receipt, obtaining, storage, dissemination, or transmission of the Content and resulting infringement of intellectual property rights, rights to designs and/or brands, right to reputation, personal and family privacy, data protection rights, image or property rights, or any other right of a third party.
- Any unlawful, negligent, fraudulent use of the Portal, its Services or Content that is contrary to these General Terms and Conditions, good faith, generally accepted uses, or public order.
- The lack of lawfulness, quality, reliability, usefulness, updating, and availability of the services provided by third parties and made available to you on the Portal.
- Third parties’ failure to comply with their obligations or commitments with regard to the services we provide or offer you through the Portal.
- The opinions you may express on opinion forums, blogs, chats, and messages that may be enabled on different areas of the Portal or, as applicable, opinions that may be offered by third parties who are unrelated to Repsol.
- The knowledge that unauthorised third parties may have of the type, conditions, characteristics, and circumstances of users’ use of the Portal, its Contents and/or Services.
- The possible discrepancies that temporarily may arise between the version of the Content that you print and the electronic version of said content published on our Portal.
The Portal will be accessible indefinitely; however we may interrupt, suspend, or terminate its availability for different reasons, of which we will inform you, including any inappropriate use or use that is contrary to this Legal Notice.
9.- Intellectual Property.
All of the brands, trade names, or distinctive signs of any type that appear on the Portal (“Brands”) are the property of Repsol or third parties, and the use of or access to the Portal and/or Services does not attribute to you any right to the aforementioned Brands. The Brands are subject to applicable intellectual and industrial property legislation, and their reproduction or use without the owner’s authorisation is strictly prohibited.
All of the Content, including the Portal itself, is the intellectual property of Repsol or third parties, and therefore, under no circumstances may it be understood that under the provisions of this Legal Notice any of the exploitation rights that exist or may exist for the Content have been transferred to you, beyond what is strictly necessary for the correct use of the Portal and Services.
If you believe that there has been a violation of your legitimate rights due to the inclusion of certain content on the Portal, you should inform Repsol of said circumstance, indicating:
- Your personal information. If the claim is being brought by a third party other than the interested party, they must indicate in whose representation they are acting.
- The Content protected by industrial or intellectual property rights and its location on the Portal (indicating the URL).
- Accreditation of the aforementioned industrial or intellectual property rights.
- Express declaration in which the interested party states their responsibility for the veracity of the information provided in the notification.
Any citation or reference to the intellectual or industrial property rights of a third party included on the Portal implies Repsol’s recognition of the corresponding industrial and intellectual property rights of the owner. Likewise, their inclusion or reference on the Portal does not imply the existence of any sponsorship or recommendation by Repsol of the Brands or Content to which reference is made. The legitimacy of the intellectual or industrial property rights corresponding to the Content provided by third parties is the exclusive responsibility of said parties.
As the sole owner of the Portal’s intellectual property rights, Repsol is exclusively authorised to exercise the rights arising therefrom and, as a result, is the only entity that may authorise any activity related to exploitation rights and, in particular, the rights of reproduction, public communication, distribution, making available to the public, or the right of transformation, in any format that may be used.
In keeping with our culture and principles as a Group, we want all people, regardless of their condition, abilities, or technological equipment to be able to access the Portal and its Content and/or Services. Therefore, we at Repsol have adopted a series of measures that we hope will help achieve this:
- Programming the website following the W3C’s recommendations on Cascading Style Sheets, Level 2.
- Use of different languages
- Logical order of presentation of elements on screen
- Alternative text on images
11.- Applicable legislation and Jurisdiction.
The laws of Spain shall apply to any litigation or conflict that arises from these terms and conditions or the use of the Portal, its Content, or Services, or that is related to the same, regardless of any conflict of law provisions that may be applicable. Both you and Repsol hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of your domicile, provided it is in Spain, to resolve any claims arising from these General Terms and Conditions, any of the Specific Terms and Conditions for Services, or claims related to the same. However, if your domicile is not in Spain, both you and Repsol hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Madrid.
Furthermore, as an entity in compliance with Confianza Online (Online Trust), and according to the terms of its Code of Ethics, in the event of disputes related to online recruitment and advertising, data protection, and the protection of minors, both you and Repsol may file a complaint with the Confianza Online extra-judicial dispute resolution system e (www.confianzaonline.es).
For more information about how to contact Repsol, please see our contact page.